I’ve gathered some of my most frequently asked questions about working with a health coach and answered them here.
What is a Health Coach? A Health Coach offers guidance, useful tip, support and inspiration to help clients shift their behavior to healthier habits by making step-by-step changes to their diet and lifestyle. A Health Coach helps you achieve all of your health goals. Watch theses video’s to hear what Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Walter Willett and Dr. Mehmet Oz have to say about health coaches.
Why would I use a Health Coach?
Just like the videos pointed out…Health Coaches are in demand. We fill the gap between you and your Physician. Has your Physician advised that you do one or more of the following:
* lose weight,
* eat healthier,
* reduce inflammation,
* lower your blood pressure,
* lower your cholesterol, or
* lower blood sugar.
I can help you do that.
1. What are the health challenges I’m facing right now?
2. Am I achieving the results I want?
3. What would be different if I worked with a Health Coach?
“If my MD colleagues do not wake up and begin teaching patients how to eat and live for optimal health their profession will be replaced by one that will,” Terry Wahls MD.
Health Coaches, like myself, are here for that very reason. Health coaches contribute to your good health and well being.
What are your programs like?
First of all they are a lot of fun and life changing. I offer several programs to accommodate your needs. They vary in length and price from 4 weeks to one year. All are very affordable and are designed to meet all of your health and wellness goals.
Hiring a Health Coach can change your body and your life. My 3 month and 6 month transformational programs include…
- four 30 minute sessions per month;
- e-mail support between sessions;
- The Whole Plate Way: anti-inflammatory and weight loss program;
- “I’m Stuck” phone calls each week;
- recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare;
- coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want;
- simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge;
- access to my monthly newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes;
- my personal commitment to your health and success… and much more
What does anti-inflammatory mean?
Chronic inflammation is at the root of conditions like arthritis, cancer, autoimmune diseases, allergies, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, diabetes and even peri-menopausal symptoms. All of these conditions and more can be made worse or better depending on what foods a person eats and what they don’t.
If you are overweight, eat processed foods and/or or experiences any aches and pains you have at the very least low levels of inflammation. The Whole Plate Way, an anti-inflammatory diet or what I like to call “way of life” can reduce symptoms and help to prevent conditions and illness.
The Whole Plate Way of life is comprised of healthy, wholesome, unprocessed foods. It’s high in omega-3 fatty acids, fruits and vegetable and specific herbs and spices that help to reduce chronic or low level inflammation. It’s not about deprivation. It includes my delicious, nutritious and easy to make meals….there are more than 700 to choose from.
Let’s talk…contact me today to schedule your free initial consultation at 651-237-3507 or send me an email.